Cross-Platform Software Developer
As a cross-platform software developer you will work with software design and development, programming 3D cameras and related applications, frameworks and APIs in C++ and Python and to a limited amount, C. You will work with internal development and deliveries according to a project plan put together by the team. You work together in a smaller team that today consists of 6 persons where each person is a specialist in their own area. You will be reporting to the CTO at Fotonic.
For example, you will work with:
- Develop and test smart glue code to connect our existing framework to an external API to allow 3rd party programs to connect with our cameras
- Creating automated tests to make sure that the API works correctly
- Structuring and improving existing code
- Supporting our image processing specialists with solid coding skills, helping them to find good solutions to sometimes complex problems
- Porting embedded Linux application running on our existing one platform & toolchain to another, newer platform
- Helping with the creation and maintenance of our Linux system images running on the cameras and application systems
- Helping with DevOps tasks and making sure our build system is sharp and up to speed.
This position suits you if you’re interested in developing your skills within computer vision and 3D processing, working in a creative environment within a company that lies at the forefront in the latest technology. Previous image processing skills are not required.
What we are looking for in you as a candidate
- A degree within computer engineering or other relevant fields
- Prior work experience in the programming languages C++ 11 and Python
- Prior work experience with source control systems (SVN, git)
- Knowledge of CMake
- Be fluent in English and preferably Swedish (optional)
It will be considered an additional qualification if you:
- Have in-depth knowledge in one of the following technologies: Linux, Boost, API, PCL, Jenkins
- Have knowledge and experience with 3D graphics
- Have knowledge of mathematical computing using numpy or Matlab
- Have experience from working with Robot Operating System (ROS)
As a person you are structured and able to organize your workday and the work you do, you are self-reliant and with an inner-drive, able to push your own work forward without strict guidelines. Furthermore, you are authoritative and not afraid to speak your mind while still being a team-player that enjoys communicating and cooperating with your colleagues.